Considerations: In Basket messages that link to patient health information should relate to patients with whom the receiving prescriber has, has had, or will have an approved relationship (circle of care, quality or research).
- a member of the patient’s Care Team and configured to receive results,
- signed into a results review message pool,
- supervising a medical learner, or
- the most responsible provider at the time of discharge for results reporting after the time of discharge.
Solution: The Connect Care In Basket has a "QuickActions" tool that allows prescribers to manage results received in error.
- Not My Result
- Use this action if the result was misdirected and should not have been routed to the recipient's In Basket, even if the provider has participated in the patient's care at some point.
- The Result Note window will open and the provider will be required to complete two SmartLists (use F2 to find and use pick-list) to indicate why the result is being marked as received in error and what, if any, steps have been taken to remediate.
- If none of the available pick-list options fit, select "other" and provide a brief comment to better explain the issue and what has been or should be done.
- Upon completing the two SmartLists and accepting the message, the result note will be re-routed to an internal results routing error pool for review and action.
- The associated In Basket message will disappear.