Enhancement updates provide short alerts to new, fixed or improved Connect Care functions...
- Patient Name Enhancements
As of September 17, 2020 Connect Care SmartLinks referring to the Patient’s name are changed to link to affirmed (preferred) name, rather than legal name. This change aligns with the AHS directive to address patients by their affirmed name whenever possible; while legal name should only be used when legally or clinically required and should always be accompanied by affirmed name.
This change is noticeable in some SmartTexts and SmartPhrases, as elsewhere in the system most often uses affirmed name already. The following SmartLink Mnemonic (prompts) are changed from linking to legal name to affirmed name:
- FNAME – affirmed first name
- AHSNAME – affirmed full name
- NAME – affirmed full name
- PATFIRSTNAME – affirmed first name
- PATIENTNAME – affirmed full name