Daily postings on this channel address needs raised in prescriber huddles, with links to support information. Content is published around 16:00; any additional hot topics after this time will be posted the following day. Consider looking back at the previous day's posting.
Note the next Hot Topics post will be May 12.
Calgary and Central Zone Emergency Departments - Results Routing Issue
- Due to a technical issue, results returning from May 6 at 05:00 to May 9 at 15:45 did not route to the shared pool as expected for impacted Launch 6 EDs. The technical teams have been working to resend the results from this time frame to the shared results pool, and should be completed this afternoon.
- As a result of the messages being resent, prescribers who were an ordering/authorizing provider at an impacted site during this time frame may receive duplicate messages.
- For a list of impacted sites and more information, see the memo.
- The Connect Care "Medication List" is a record of medications in active use by a given patient at a given time. Timely capture of a BPMH for medication reconciliation is a Connect Care Minimum Use Norm expectation.
- The collection of a BPMH occurs in both outpatient and inpatient workflows. Reconciliation of prior with ongoing and new medications occurs at care transitions (e.g., admission, discharge, transfer). A tip sheet lists the key things to review while performing BPMH.
- Note: The discharge medication reconciliation workflow is different for interfacility transfers (IFTs) – for patients being transferred to another facility, follow the IFT tab workflow to complete medication reconciliation.