This combined posting is updated throughout the week leading up to launch day, accumulating any pre-launch issues that have been identified, with links to support information. A daily Hot Topics post will begin May 6, 2023.
(Note: Emails from our subscription service show the original version of the post, and so will not show any updates made in the body of the email - click the link in the email to see the up-to-date web version.)
- Duplicate OR Case Entry - Edmonton and Calgary Zones
- Approximately 400 duplicate OR Case Requests (<3% of total cases) have been identified in Connect Care for Launch 6 surgical locations across Edmonton and Calgary Zones. The task of rectifying this in the system has been initiated at the various surgical locations in the OR booking offices and Pre-Admission Clinic (PAC) departments. See the memo for more details.
- For order entry on case requests that have already been created, MOAs and prescribers need to ensure they are following the outlined workflow to avoid the creation of duplicate case requests.
- Drop-In Centres Now Open - Virtual and In-Person
- Both the virtual and in-person drop-in centres are open every day this week prior to launch (May 1–5), from 10:00 to 18:00. Hours then change launch day (May 6).
- To access the virtual drop-in, go to virtualhelp.connect-care.ca using a computer or smartphone, or via the QR code found on the Launch Supports posters up in sites using a smartphone camera for audio-only help.
- In-person drop-in centres are in Calgary Zone (Rockyview General Hospital and South Health Campus) and Edmonton Zone (Grey Nuns Community Hospital and Misericordia Community Hospital).
- More information on the drop-in centres, including room maps and their scheduled hours, can be found at launchhelp.connect-care.ca.
- Specimen Ordering and Collection - Calgary Zone
- As of Launch 6, all hospitals in the Calgary Zone will be using Beaker, the lab application for Epic.
- A tip sheet summarizes the workflow for prescribers doing their own collection, documentation and label printing for specimens.
- Mixed-Context Providers
- Prescribers with "mixed-context" practices need to be aware of a situation where results might route to both their Connect Care and external EMR systems.