Daily postings on this channel address needs raised in prescriber huddles, with links to support information. Content is published around 17:30; any additional hot topics after this time will be posted the following day. Consider looking back at the previous day's posting.
- Patient Movement: Interfacility Transfers (IFTs)
- For transfers to another site (IFTs), remember to use the Interfacility Transfer navigator, located within the Discharge tab. Using the correct navigator will ensure that all steps required for this workflow are completed and orders are available and actionable at the receiving site.
- Note: Every transfer to LTC/Continuing Care is an IFT even if the LTC/Continuing Care is located in the same building.
- The "RAAPID Service Request" order is used to initiate repatriations as well as non-emergent consultation/transfer requests. See the tip sheet.
- For a summary on IFTs, see this Countdown Checklist blog post and this infographic for admitted patients (updated). Further information (including other IFT workflows) is available in the IFT section of the Connect Care Manual.